I’ve been nosing around the internet and perusing camping books to try and come up with a definitive checklist of essential camping gear for the new and inexperienced camper – myself. Guide camp and Duke of Edinburgh were my most recent camping experiences and I am now 36.
I have discovered many lists claiming to tell me what I “must have”, and I have decided that I am quite disturbed by what some sources believe I “must have”. I will be bankrupt if I follow their advice. This is what I reckon I need, bearing in mind there will be me and a four year old and we will probably only camp for two nights at a time:
1. Tent (Already bought one – a Gelert 4 man dome tent thingy)
2. Spare tent pegs
4. Sleeping bags (I have one, but will get a child size one for CJ to keep her cosier)
5. Air bed or inflatable sleeping mat
9. Head torch (already bought one – bargain from T K Maxx)
10.Small camping stove plus gas/lighter
12. Camping chairs (already have some)
13.Appropriate clothing for warm/cold/wet weather including wooly hats for night time
So, will I be travelling too light? Have I missed anything off that I “must have”?